United Israel World Union is 501(c)3 educational research organization founded in 1944 by David Horowitz (1903-2002), who devoted his life to its goals and purposes. Its primary focus is to function as an association of any and all who are drawn to the One God of Abraham and the revelation of the Holy Scriptures (the Tanakh or Hebrew Bible).
We affirm the truths of the Hebrew Scriptures, and are committed to the vision of the Hebrew Prophets and the ideals of the Kingdom of God; namely that justice, righteousness, and the knowledge of God might fill the earth as the waters cover the seas. We seek to promote biblical values involving responsible stewardship of the creation and peace among humankind through the printed and spoken word and by example. As part of this mission UIWU seeks to establish places of study, devotion, and spiritual guidance and to appoint the necessary leaders and teachers for the various centers of UIWU worldwide.
UIWU further proposes on the basis of the Biblical injunctions: “My House shall be called a House of Prayer for all peoples,” and “Whosoever shall call upon the Name of YHVH shall be delivered,” to be as universal in creed and outlook as is the Bible itself; wherefore UIWU will function as a non-political, non-sectarian, non-profit, educational organization. Accordingly any person who recognizes and accepts the Hebrew Bible as the basis for his or her daily conduct of life, and supports these goals, may become a member of United Israel World Union.
A central theme of the Hebrew Prophets is the union of Judah, the Jewish people, with their brothers and sisters of the “Ten Lost Tribes” of Israel. Accordingly, UIWU strives to put forth a call to all those around the world who might be part of the Lost Tribes, providing them with historical research related to their forgotten heritage; to awaken them to a consciousness of their true identity; and to encourage them to unite with Judah in following the ancient Hebrew faith as revealed in the Torah and the Prophets.
Among our major activities are the following:
▪ Maintaining the United Israel World Union Center in Charlotte, NC as a visible and physical anchor to the 76-year-old movement. This Center with its lovely “Judaica” design theme is a showcase and meeting place that proudly represents our unique movement, its history, and its message (used by rabbis and religious leaders, board meetings, research projects, film documentaries, Bar Mitzvahs, special gatherings).
▪Establish and maintain other United Israel “Centers” as well as local gatherings in the United States and abroad as places of “study, devotion, and spiritual guidance,”
▪ Maintaining the Historic Archives: UIWU, United Nations, and Horowitz’s life and career (50,000 documents)
▪ Maintaining the David Horowitz Memorial Research Library : History, Judaica, Archaeology, Lost Tribes, Biblical Studies, Hebrew Language, Dead Sea Scrolls (4000 volumes)
▪ Distributing the book Restoring Abrahamic Faith by Dr. James D. Tabor often free or at cost (4500 copies to date)
▪ Organizing and sponsoring the United Israel Conference each April in Charlotte, NC.
▪ UIWU Sponsored Trips to Israel
▪ UIWU Involvement in the Mt Zion Archaeological Excavation in Jerusalem
▪ Charitable work including disaster relief efforts, clothing distribution, and other efforts.
▪ Weekly teaching and study sessions by UIWU leaders throughout the country and several continents, including the weekly internet teaching from St Francisville, LA by UIWU Vice-President Ross Nichols and teaching/ministry efforts of David and Patty Tyler in upstate New York.
▪ Primary Web site (unitedisrael.org) with a growing archive of articles, audio and video teachings, and archive materials. Collective “Page Views” on our web sites surpass 1,000,000 a year.
▪ Promotion of Dr. James Tabor’s extensive writing on Christian Origins to deal with the major obstacles to a return to a more Hebraic Faith—namely the views of Jesus and Paul among many Christians (TaborBlog 1,500,000 page views)
▪ Active use of Social Media (Facebook, Twitter, etc.) through multiple sites directly reaching over 500,000 per year.
▪ Expanding our contacts with our extensive mailing list of over 20,000 who have contacted us and regularly use our materials.
▪ Extensive outreach making use of radio, TV, and print media.
Contact United Israel:
United Israel World Union
2101 Sardis Road North, Suite 110
Charlotte, NC 28227